Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Depart from Deerpark Reformed Church, Port Jervis 9am sharp, return approximately 5:30pm
Cost: $60 per person, includes bus transportation & admission
Debbie Valentine, Smith Plumbing & Heating, 66 Jersey Ave, Port Jervis NY, 845-856-5325
The reservation/payment deadline was Friday May 1, 2015 HOWEVER we have some seats left – call ASAP if interested!
Save yourself a drive to (and parking in) the Bronx and enjoy a day of exquisite art and garden beauty. Your reservation includes transportation and admission to:
- Frida Kahlo / Art, Garden, Life in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, NY Botanical Garden
- Everett Children’s Adventure Garden
- Rock Garden
- tram tour
- garden grounds
- public programs happening that day.
- Lunch: You may eat at a Botanical Garden café LINK. Or you may bring your own lunch, which you’ll need to carry with you as we will not return to the bus until mid-afternoon.
- Facilities: There is a bathroom on the bus.
- Bus: Getting on the bus involves three steps; there is no lift. A wheelchair can be stored.
- Location: The Botanical Garden, its buildings, and its tour vehicles are accessible. However, due to the garden’s naturally varied topography, portions of the historic landscape may be inaccessible.
For info about NY Botanical Garden visit this LINK. For info about Frida Kahlo, visit these websites: FRIDAKAHLO.ORG, BIOGRAPHY, WIKIPEDIA or view this wonderful story of her life: The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo – A Documentary (1 hour 25 minutes – see below).